Complimentary Services for ATO Review/Audit
Since 1986, HQB have provided complimentary services for an ATO review/audit as part of our quality control.
This service is designed to cover HQB clients for what could be thousands of dollars in our professional fees incurred from an ATO review/audit of returns that we prepared and lodged on your behalf.
The process involves preparing you prior to the reviewer/auditor’s attendance, holding interviews at the HQB office, and HQB staff being present at all interview times to assist you.
Why do we provide this support?
- The marketplace does offer insurance policies to cover some accounting costs in respect of an ATO review/audit. We do not endorse this approach as it means the insurance company can determine what level of work is undertaken to attend to the review/audit.
- We believe that the best approach for an ATO review/audit is to treat it as a matter both you (the client) and HQB are invested in achieving the best outcome for you, and HQB. We do this by providing a no cost service to supplement the work we undertook in preparing your return.
To qualify for HQB’s complimentary services for an ATO review/audit:
- The review/audit relates to a return prepared and lodged by HQB;
- You supplied us with the necessary and correct information we requested to prepare your return; and
- You paid our fees within usual trading terms.
Providing the above conditions are met, HQB will not charge you for the time we spend attending to your ATO review/audit.